Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Preparing myself

I've been reading countless blogs of exchange students who have gone to Germany and I have to say, I am beyond thankful for the Internet.
I'm learning things that I would have never even thought of being a problem in Germany. Did you know that it's frowned upon to get tap water in a German restaurant? Yeah, me either. Majority of what they drink is carbonated, and if not, they add some sparkling water stuff to carbonate it. Apple juice, for instance, is carbonated in Germany. I think that's really interesting.
Aside from fun facts, reading these blogs have gotten me somewhat nervous. It sounds like being an exchange student puts a burden on just about everyone around you, and I really don't want to cause people any unnecessary trouble. I suppose there's really no way to know until I'm in Germany, but I seriously hope I won't be a huge task to have around.
Definitely immersing myself in German this summer, I need to speak it as well as I can manage before we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment